[New BMT Blog Entry] other dog's Blog - So-so Week

WattsMack

I left here Monday and had to go to Petersburg to load a Roxana, Il. load. That makes a long day. It's about 100 miles east to Petersburg. I didn't get to Roxana until about 3 o'clock Tuesday evening, and didn't get unloaded until Wednesday morning. At least I got a return load out of Granite City, only a few miles from Roxana. Bad part was it was going to Baltimore, scheduled for Friday morning delivery. Then I had a load to pick up in Sparrows Point, about 2 miles from where I unloaded. Good load too, 2 coils going to Lynchburg. Then I could deliver that tomorrow, but...they screwed around so long unloading me in Baltimore it was too late to load it and I had to come home empty and pick up a 2 stop load of lumber at the yard going to Ohio. The stops are nowhere near each other either, one's near Marion and the other's near Akron. So i'm leaving today.

And, on top of that the tool box door on my trailer decided to come open on the way home Friday and I lost most of my beveled wood, coil racks, a roll of plastic, some corner protectors, and i'm not sure what else was in there. Usually it took a jackhammer and a crowbar to get it open, but this time it just came open on it's own. Couldn't say for sure that somebody didn't check it out to see if there was anything in there worth stealing and then didn't fasten the doors good when they saw there wasn't, but who knows.

Got a few pictures this week too-

the capital building in Charleston,W.V.

driving piling in Roxana

locomotive in Roxana

some old tractors in Illinois by I-70

the cut in Sideling mountain on I-68 in Maryland

closer view of the cut

Baltimore,from the Key Bridge

Attached thumbnail(s)

blogentry-1374-1236525040_thumb.jpg

//

blogentry-1374-1236525083_thumb.jpg

//

blogentry-1374-1236525156_thumb.jpg

//

blogentry-1374-1236525234_thumb.jpg

//

blogentry-1374-1236525294_thumb.jpg

//

blogentry-1374-1236525390_thumb.jpg

//

blogentry-1374-1236525445_thumb.jpg

//

View the full blog entry

The old tractors just kind of says why? i have seen a old steel wheeled Fordson sitting on top of a big Rock, a D2 cat on top of a big rock, i have a frame of a 37 John Deere i am going to sit it looking straight up with a flag pole on top, thats on my things to do list

I remember when people used to put dead animals on the fences. You would be driving by a farm and spot this method of trophy pleasures. I've grown to dislike any tractor, old car, truck, etc. sitting out in the elements when knowing that someone could use something off of that object. I guess I missed my calling, because I care about too many things, and hate to see them go to waste. I should have started a salvage yard.

mike