Superliner Exhaust Question

MACK MAN

I have a 1989 Superliner the truck was a singal exhaust tractor.I am making this truck a duel exhaust set-up,I have got the steel stand brackets,for both sides.I have mounted the exhaust brackets,instaled both left and right mufflers and gaurds.To me it looks like the mufflers sit high,but looking at alot of Superliner photos and Mack sales books that I have they are right,I also had a 1985 and a 1990 Superliner so I know they are mounted right.Can anyone tell me, it looks like Mack uses a 90 degree elbow comming out of the mufflers.Does this run under the cab,or do they use a Y-pipe behind the cab?The way I have it now is there is a Y-pipe under the cab.I have to order the 90 degree elbows, it just seem to me that the elbow would have to be very long to get down to the top of the frame to match up with the Y pipe.Any help or any pics of this set-up would help.

Thanks AL

Most twin stack superliners I have seen had 90 degs at the bottom and ran under the cab to a Y pipe. the diffrence in mounting would be if the truck had an air ride cab vs solid mount. some stacks had frame mounted brackets wile the older superliners were cab mounted like the west cost R models had.. this is just what I notice. My RS700 has twin cab mounted stacks. the top of the mufflers are level with the rain gutter at the top of the cab. the muffler bottoms end about 14" above the frame hight. just about the min amount of space needed to get a 90 bend under the cab

Trent