Early E-9

ETAZ673

Does anyone have any info on the ENDT-1005? I think that it became the E-9 that we all know and love? Curious if there are pictures/spec of this beast around

I've got a whole section of the ENDT-1000 series of engine. Is that by chance what you mean?

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Does anyone have any info on the ENDT-1005? I think that it became the E-9 that we all know and love? Curious if there are pictures/spec of this beast around
there is a pic of the ENDT 1000 in John B Montville's book 'Mack', there is reference to it, it says experimental, output in the 360-500 hp range, field testing during 1973. The pic shows what is clearly an E 9 as opposed to an ENDT865/866, Mack was still using the END engine designation at the time. It has engine mounted air to air intercooling and you can see the turbine tip fan housing at the front, it is mounted atop the engine . Hope this helps, Jeffro

there is a pic of the ENDT 1000 in John B Montville's book 'Mack', there is reference to it, it says experimental, output in the 360-500 hp range, field testing during 1973. The pic shows what is clearly an E 9 as opposed to an ENDT865/866, Mack was still using the END engine designation at the time. It has engine mounted air to air intercooling and you can see the turbine tip fan housing at the front, it is mounted atop the engine . Hope this helps, Jeffro

i have pictures of the 1000 hp military e9 two turbos

I've got a whole section of the ENDT-1000 series of engine. Is that by chance what you mean?

Rob

Could be, any pics of a Mack V-8 are worth look. I have some Italeri 1/24 kits of Renault junk (R370+R360) with V-8 motors that look close to E9s'. The only detail that sticks out is the intake manifolds. one large casting for each bank, like a ENDT-8 series.Rest of the motor is on the money.Got several RWS kits that need V-8 power. Might be only plastic, but registration is cheaper! Any pics would be great! :D

Could be, any pics of a Mack V-8 are worth look. I have some Italeri 1/24 kits of Renault junk (R370+R360) with V-8 motors that look close to E9s'. The only detail that sticks out is the intake manifolds. one large casting for each bank, like a ENDT-8 series.Rest of the motor is on the money.Got several RWS kits that need V-8 power. Might be only plastic, but registration is cheaper! Any pics would be great! :D

The Renault AE Magnums did in fact come E9's in em. They even had electronics on them and were rated to 565 HP or there bouts. Here is video:

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Now that would be interesting to see! A tip turbine V8.Too bad the book is out of print, although used ones do exist. Could you post that picture Jeffro?

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!