Maxi-brake Dosent Seem To Be Releasing

r600

can anyone help?my r600 doesnt seem to be releasing the brakes properly,seem to be hanging on a little,dont know if i need to be looking at the two relay valves in the chassis or the footvalve?have re-adjusted all the brakes again and its not that ,help????thanks adrian

can anyone help?my r600 doesnt seem to be releasing the brakes properly,seem to be hanging on a little,dont know if i need to be looking at the two relay valves in the chassis or the footvalve?have re-adjusted all the brakes again and its not that ,help????thanks adrian

Hi Adrian, If it is all brakes (fitted with maxi's), it is a lack of air pressure to release the maxi's. So you should look for the problem there. However, if it is just ONE brake, then it is a maxi unit that is the problem. Regards Rod.

Proud owner of;

1961 Mack B61 prime mover.

1981 International ACCO 1810C DualCab Fire Truck

And also to is it the parking brakes or service brakes hanging. One way to tell if it is the service brakes is, is the stop lights on when they should not be and you can crack a service brake line on the rear to find if you have air. The most common problem is the treadle may be sticking by the pin being frozen. Another thing is the foot valve or relay on the back may be bad and not releasing all the way. If all of the brakes are dragging then you may have foot valve air when it should not. glenn

glenn akers