1966 Mack C95f Semi-open Cab Pumper Rescued

gmbelt

Attached (I hope) are some photos of a 1966 C95F pumper I acquired from a private owner in Skippack, PA. The rig was operated by the Goodwill Hose Co., #3 in Bristol, PA; sat outside for a number of years; and has been in storage since 2002.

She has a Mack 707 gas engine, 5 speed trans, and air brakes. She runs, but didn't want to start the other day (high temp only 18 degees in Manassas, VA). The truck is presently at Singer Associates (the fire & rescue apparatus repair folks) in Manassas, VA, so they can address and repair any mechanical shortcomings.

She will need to be repainted and has rust spots all over (some worse than others), but I don't think its anything that can't be handled.

I will keep you folks up to date on my progress in getting the truck "parade ready". I'm not looking for a trophy, but hope to get her in really nice shape. I will likely be looking to you good folks in the future for guidance, suggestions and answers to a good ole' fashioned "...what would you do?" questions.

Regards,

Gary M. Belt

Manassas, VA

post-2918-1232306888.jpg

Gary,

Nice rig. Have you joined the ODHFS yet? If not go to their web site (ODHFS.org) and join now so you can attend the annual conference this month in Richmond.

Carl

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Gary,

Welcome to BMT, we have a good group of Mack Fire apparatus members on the site. Your truck was from my area in PA and looks like it is still in good shape. You should also join SPAAMFAA which has the connections for all of the old fire apparatus, shows, musters and flea markets. I always look for Mack parts so I can save them from the scappers!

Firemack

Attached (I hope) are some photos of a 1966 C95F pumper I acquired from a private owner in Skippack, PA. The rig was operated by the Goodwill Hose Co., #3 in Bristol, PA; sat outside for a number of years; and has been in storage since 2002.

She has a Mack 707 gas engine, 5 speed trans, and air brakes. She runs, but didn't want to start the other day (high temp only 18 degees in Manassas, VA). The truck is presently at Singer Associates (the fire & rescue apparatus repair folks) in Manassas, VA, so they can address and repair any mechanical shortcomings.

She will need to be repainted and has rust spots all over (some worse than others), but I don't think its anything that can't be handled.

I will keep you folks up to date on my progress in getting the truck "parade ready". I'm not looking for a trophy, but hope to get her in really nice shape. I will likely be looking to you good folks in the future for guidance, suggestions and answers to a good ole' fashioned "...what would you do?" questions.

Regards,

Gary M. Belt

Manassas, VA

When taken out of service in 1990 this truck went from thier firehouse to my firehouse and was stored inside untill 2002. We would run it occasionally to move it from one side of the station to the other. What are your plans with it, are you going to letter is back up for Bristol once you repaint it?

When taken out of service in 1990 this truck went from thier firehouse to my firehouse and was stored inside untill 2002. We would run it occasionally to move it from one side of the station to the other. What are your plans with it, are you going to letter is back up for Bristol once you repaint it?

I was hoping to get in contact with the folks at Goodwill Hose Co. #3 about any information/photographs they may have available regarding the truck. I would like to reletter the truck with the same Goodwill/Britol, PA,/Bucks County lettering when it is painted. Since you had the rig from 1990 until 2002, I would welcome a chance to talk or correspond with you about what you know concerning the truck and your staton's part in its history. My personal e-mail is gmbelt@comcast.net or please feel free to call me at 703-919-8537.

Regards,

Gary M. Belt

Manassas, VA