Fair Transmission Price

n2deep

Ok guys. You have been a lot of help so far, how about one more time (for now). Found a lot of 2 stick 6 speeds pretty close, whats fair in a used one. All anybody will say is it was working when I parked it. Would like to hear your opinions on a fair price and cost of a rebuild. So far I have had to try to decide whether they are pricing the trans or the whole darn truck. The last guy has around 30 salvage Macks but said that he hadn't sold many parts in the last 16 years " and I am pretty sure I have discovered the reason why". Thanks for the help and a little frustration vent. :pat:

Ok guys. You have been a lot of help so far, how about one more time (for now). Found a lot of 2 stick 6 speeds pretty close, whats fair in a used one. All anybody will say is it was working when I parked it. Would like to hear your opinions on a fair price and cost of a rebuild. So far I have had to try to decide whether they are pricing the trans or the whole darn truck. The last guy has around 30 salvage Macks but said that he hadn't sold many parts in the last 16 years " and I am pretty sure I have discovered the reason why". Thanks for the help and a little frustration vent. :pat:

I would say a Mack two stick six speed, Manual shifted should be worth about $500.00 with a guarantee to be good. An air shifted copy would be a bit higher, but I wouldn't go but maybe $150.00 more.

If the transmission is the TRDXL with the extra low reduction, I would probably venture to say about a hundred dollars more each way.

Now I really don't know and don't take my input as gospel. My own opinion is that a part for an antique, or hobby truck, should not be priced the same as a part going onto a working truck. That is why I never sell anything, but always look to trade so everybody wins.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.