Switches On 47 Mack Pumper

609albert

Albert,

There is one switch that operates both the left and right ignition,and also has a third position to operate on both. The indicator lights are red and show when either or both distributors are on. If you post a picture of the switches and indicator lights we should be able to confirm exactly what you are looking at on your truck.

Firemack

on my 47 mack 85LS their are 2 switches on the dash and on top of each switch is a chrome bezel that has a red light in it that comes on when the switch knob is pulled out . are they for the dual ignition or ??? thanks

Hi Albert,

Like FireMack said about the ignition switches in a earlier post is what the 48' I have does, except my bezels got painted red from the factory........ Bob

P.S. the bulbs for the red indicator lights are a pain to get out and back in..

Hi Albert,

Like FireMack said about the ignition switches in a earlier post is what the 48' I have does, except my bezels got painted red from the factory........ Bob

P.S. the bulbs for the red indicator lights are a pain to get out and back in..

the pull knob on the left doesn't operate(can't pull or push it in or out) the knob on the right does operate, went pushed in (red light off) the engine will start and run ,when pulled out it seems to run better , these swiches must be for the dual ignition and the one on the left that doesn't operate must be stuck in the on position...... does this sound true???? thanks guys

the pull knob on the left doesn't operate(can't pull or push it in or out) the knob on the right does operate, went pushed in (red light off) the engine will start and run ,when pulled out it seems to run better , these swiches must be for the dual ignition and the one on the left that doesn't operate must be stuck in the on position...... does this sound true???? thanks guys

My 42 Mack 80 LS works exactly as you suspect. I turn on the battery with one switch then there are two that pull out for the ignition ( 1 for each of the two ignition systems) Over each of these pull out ignition switches is a round red bezel that lights up when you pull out the switch below it indicating that paticular ignition is on.

You may be on the right track thinking that one of the switches is "stuck" in the on position. I do notice that if my rig is running on one ignition, it sounds like it runs a little different when I pull out the other switch.

Barry