End673

Mack B Mike

Hey All,

got a question about the 673, is there any major differences between the standard END673 and the END673C or the END673E, i can only see that the "C" and "E" have different heads 20 stud heads verses 18 studs for the END673 from the books i have

The reason why im asking is that a gentleman in my area owned/operated a construction/fuel company years back and had about 20 B models on the road, now after selling/retiring he was kind enough to give me a set of new sleeves and good pistons and new rings/gaskets to overhaul my engine for my B for a few cases of beer...yes a few cases of beer!! i couldnt turn the deal down anyway there is one small difference in the new sleeves compared to the ones that are in my block, the ones i have when installed sit level with the deck until the ring that contacts the head, the new ones sit level with the deck at first but there is a small recess cut in prior to reaching the ring that contacts the head and seals the combustion chamber, was this change in the sleeve done to improve head gasket sealing? the difference between the two of them is almost not even noticable but they are different. The new sleeves that i have are pictured in the mack book for 673C and E, i dont have a diagram of the sleeves should look like for the regular 673, but he said that they would work fine not sure if i should take the chance or look further into the sleeve difference

Mike

Hey All,

got a question about the 673, is there any major differences between the standard END673 and the END673C or the END673E, i can only see that the "C" and "E" have different heads 20 stud heads verses 18 studs for the END673 from the books i have

The reason why im asking is that a gentleman in my area owned/operated a construction/fuel company years back and had about 20 B models on the road, now after selling/retiring he was kind enough to give me a set of new sleeves and good pistons and new rings/gaskets to overhaul my engine for my B for a few cases of beer...yes a few cases of beer!! i couldnt turn the deal down anyway there is one small difference in the new sleeves compared to the ones that are in my block, the ones i have when installed sit level with the deck until the ring that contacts the head, the new ones sit level with the deck at first but there is a small recess cut in prior to reaching the ring that contacts the head and seals the combustion chamber, was this change in the sleeve done to improve head gasket sealing? the difference between the two of them is almost not even noticable but they are different. The new sleeves that i have are pictured in the mack book for 673C and E, i dont have a diagram of the sleeves should look like for the regular 673, but he said that they would work fine not sure if i should take the chance or look further into the sleeve difference

Mike

There is more difference than the sleeves. The pistons will be different. The end673 is a olderand different engine completely. It will be a hi/compression piston due to it does not have a turbo. The end673 b and c that i was always around was a turbo engine and that would make a endt673 b or c. The pistons are a lower compression ratio with a larger wrist pin. The sleeves you have will be a maxidyne sleeve which can be used in the engine you have if you get the liner protruion right and cut the rings in the heads for the fire ringes the head gasket use. The endt 673b and c has piston coolers and yours do not.

glenn akers