C Model Cab

I think most here know I got a C model almost two years back now. I have been working on replaceing the wedge brakes with s cam brakes and I think I have worked it all out. I have one axle about done and a parts list for the other one.

I have been trying to do a few other thngs while saving the money for parts and I noticed that the hole in the fire wall where the steering colum goes thru has been cut out at the bottom to allow clearance for the steering colum. And the clutch is draging on the cross braces for the front of the cab. Has any body had any experince with what might be causing this to happen? I have lookied and i can't tell if the back of the cab had fallen down or not. I have not got a nother truck around to look at and the parts are unknown to the Mack house.

I was not too worried about it untill I noticed it was the cause of the clutch not wanting to com back up when driving it. I would like any ideas of what might be the cause of this and a fix. Don't want to have problems with the clutch not coming back up when trying to drive it.

Any body out there have a C model or had one in the past that I can call and conferr with. Still trying to learn more about the old besat and get it back on the raod again.

Bob Gil

Bob Gil

If it an't a Mack could it really be a truck???

• 2 weeks later...

Bob. Try Greco Construction in Des Planes IL.

Ask for Tony or the shop forman. I stoped over there last year to look at a RS700L that was for sale. and talked with Tony( owner??)

They have a VERY low milage C model that has been sitting on jack stands for 20+ years. V8 and all that good stuff under the hood. I know he had some parts for for older B models a few years back. may have some good parts and answers for your C model??

Trent