Poor Midliner...paws Up!

Barry

Made me think of this Midliner that was loaded 80% when I towed it out of the burning building.

Geez, that looks like enough propane to level a city block!

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

Geez, that looks like enough propane to level a city block!

Barry, The fire compromised all of the valves and did create some small leaks. Was unable to pump off the propane so I was asked to move it to a shop owned by a volunteer FF from a neighboring dept, and park it out in his field to let it leak off. It was about a 4 1/2 mile trip. The truck had gotten very hot and the propane was nearly boiling inside. It was after dark when I moved it and it still had steam coming off of it as the outside air cooled the tank. when I pulled into Jerry's drive I notice that the "steam" was getting rather thick, and realized that it wasn't just steam, but the truck had rekindled during the trip, I called county dispatch, then dropped the truck and pulled away, I knew the tank would not bleve, but I also knew that if that cloud of propane made contact with the fire source (somewhere in or under the cab) we would have a nice little flash fire. The crushing of the back of the cab was done when Jerry brought around his backhoe to "tilt" the cab so the FF's could get to the fire. It set there the better part of the winter, but it did finally leak off all of the propane.

Big set of kohones you got there running into a burning building to hook a propane tank! You are a bigger man than me

It is a fine line between BRAVE and STUPID....

Fire was mostly out, worse part was wading in the 5 or so inches of water that was on the floor of the barn, That's why I always carry my fire boots, which kept my feed dry, but I had to strip down to a tee shirt when I bent under the truck to hook so I wouldn't get my other shirts, & jacket wet. Easier to dry off my arms then it is 3 layers of clothes.