2007 CTP713 no start due to communications

Hello guys! I have an interesting one, wanting to see if I can get some help with.   I have a late 07’ Granite with the MP7 pre-dpf engine.  It has an Allison auto.   The problem here is that the truck was idling one day and it shut down suddenly, we replaced the fuel filters and it changed nothing, it’ll crank but won’t start.  On Jpro I’m getting PSID200 FMI9 for datalink mid128- abnormal update rate…. There’s also another code but I don’t know if that’s related, it appears it’s for abs and this code is SID231 FMI 14.  Occasionally there is also psid204 FMI9 for datalink mid136 abnormal update, but this one doesn’t show up every time. 

I’ve chased all of the connections in search of loose wiring or plugs, checked all fuses and swapped relays, checked plugs at pcm. It’ll run on ether, while it’s running on ether there is no rpm or oil pressure on the dashboard. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks y’all 

IMG_8374.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Little late to the party here but looks like you're ecu isn't powering up. I usually find that it's missing power or ground. I'd check that first, if you haven't already fixed it. 

I'm not at work to look up which pins are power and ground right now, but can get that info to you if you need it. 

On 5/13/2024 at 11:56 PM, steeler said:

Little late to the party here but looks like you're ecu isn't powering up. I usually find that it's missing power or ground. I'd check that first, if you haven't already fixed it. 

I'm not at work to look up which pins are power and ground right now, but can get that info to you if you need it. 

I’d sure appreciate any info or schematics! I haven’t had time to dig further into it, but any info would help a lot! 

I am also suspecting power/ground problems but have no real way of getting diagrams for this truck.  I did find some corrosion at the plugs on the epdm by the driver side kick panel/firewall inside the cab, I cleaned the plugs but it made no difference. 

My 2003 ai350 had a loose EECU fuse.  Check your fuse boxes and see if wiggling your EECU fuse helps out.  Also check your battery voltages. The vmac iii EECU shuts off around 9.5 volts, so if your power drops notably while cranking then you could just have battery issues. It's possible your alternator died and batteries dropped down, but I assume that'd trigger a code....