Reddiway’s terminal

mowerman

Fedex recently bought Reddiway‘s yard, here in Reno which is right next-door to us and they bought Estes yard about 15 years ago which is on the other side so now we have a total of three terminals altogether connected over 40 acres now we’ve got all kinds of room right now they’re out there repaving all 3 yards … bob

all you can do is hope it's a positive for the working folk. todays brass sit in their fancy offices with one goal in mind :: how can I make more money. always thought competition was good for people. trend for yrs around here was company eliminates competition with buying them out. 

• Like 1

Yes, that’s what they do and they ordinarily buy property. They do not rent. It’s been that way since it was Viking Freight started in 1966. They also pay cash for all their equipment. It’s a pretty good place to work for as I mentioned before I wish I would’ve started here a long time ago, for my retirement would be a little bigger And Mecho,,,,,, I  used to  work with an ex greyhound driver and I was asking him one day around 20 years ago or more whatever happened to Trailways he said Greyhound bought them to get rid of the competition I didn’t  ask him why he wasn’t over there anymore. He was now  driving trucks…. My  Pop drove for a Greyhound back 1946 through 1948. I never did ask him why he left them either most of his life was driving trucks often wondered how he wound up over there and why he left. I still have his safety pins that he got all three years. He was over there. Bob

• Like 1

Trucking Resources on youtube does some great videos on these old trucking company's. Most of them were gone before I came around and most wouldn't be coming through my area anyway.

Be interesting to hear how the trucking companies are in Australia. Seems like there are a lot more small guys and less megacarriors like we have over here 

Well we lost alotta companies with deregulation killed most of the real good outfits went to thousands of small firms or one man operations i’m not going to turn into a bitch fest , but that’s what  happened. We were all way better off when  the union was strong a lot more opportunities for a good paying jobs. That’s all, I’m gonna say I don’t know anything about over there. I’m sure Paul can give us an earful. … bob

• Like 1