Oil sample results /low oil pressure

On 3/13/2024 at 5:58 PM, terry said:

Sounds like nothing to worry about to me!   Terry:MackLogo:

Many say that. But it just doesn't  build pressure like any diesel I have driven. 

I'm used to seeing it snap from 30 psi hot idle to 60+ psi as soon as the throttle is touched. This thing has 35 psi at 1200rpm. That's when she's making all her torque !

aux shaft bushing issue is like hens teeth..  when you drop the pan, roll the engine and look for machinist stamping.  if the crank was turned there will be a measurement stamped in the counter weight at the journal that was cut..  also, when you push the bearings out, (1 at a time) .. when you look at the part number, there should be a P-1,P-2 ect.  if they are not P-1..  the journal was cut.  this will help you choose the correct bearing thickness..  and yes, rods and mains will improve oil pressure. 

2 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

aux shaft bushing issue is like hens teeth..  when you drop the pan, roll the engine and look for machinist stamping.  if the crank was turned there will be a measurement stamped in the counter weight at the journal that was cut..  also, when you push the bearings out, (1 at a time) .. when you look at the part number, there should be a P-1,P-2 ect.  if they are not P-1..  the journal was cut.  this will help you choose the correct bearing thickness..  and yes, rods and mains will improve oil pressure. 

This was the cap end of one of the rods. Looks like it's a P1 bearing 

20240313_095750.jpg