IDF MACK DM895SX Heavy Equipment Transporter Truck & Netzer Sireni Trailer - by A.E.F. Designs

nathanyel

current project IDF MACK DM895SX

1/34 scale

base kit A.E.F. Designs

the idea is to create a model that represents the trucks as used during the 1982 operations in lebanon

the intention is to use as many parts and components from the kit and upgeade others to bring the entire theme to an accurate and acceptable model

the solution was to correct and salvage as many parts as possible

and to scratch build all the other parts and components that can not be used nor salvaged

the chassis was badly wrapped and twisted and bent, a quick fix was dipping it in boiling water for a few seconds and aligning it to a satisfactory result, and to stretch it by 2.2 or 2.4 cm (still assessing the correct length)

next is scratch making the goose neck which is badly represented in the kit

more updates will follow shorty

enjoy and happy modelling

IDF MACK DM895SX MODELS  (1).JPG

IDF MACK DM895SX MODELS  (7).JPG

IDF MACK DM895SX MODELS  (8).JPG

IDF MACK DM895SX MODELS  (35).jpg

• Like 1

that's one fine looking DM scale model.  at present I have 4 models in build shop with another showing up yesterday (1/25th cattle trailer ).which I bought for grandson. found some older models in boxes at the house . model bought in '78 for $11.25 is $82.00  at hobby shop today. located some 11:24.5 tires in Canada (1/25th scale ) for $8.00 a piece = need 10 for one build. 

• Like 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, nathanyel said:

i am trying to make a nice model out of this obsolte kit 

lets see where the norse winds will take me :)

Hey ; what's this obsolite crap ;; LOL that's my age bracket . it's NOT obsolete == it's called vintage, nice lady  at grocery store I get my coffee doesn't ask if I'm senior for discount any more ;;; don't know if I look that old or she is being nice.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

Hey ; what's this obsolite crap ;; LOL that's my age bracket . it's NOT obsolete == it's called vintage, nice lady  at grocery store I get my coffee doesn't ask if I'm senior for discount any more ;;; don't know if I look that old or she is being nice.

vintage it is :) 

• Thanks 1