E-Tech valve lifter question

Hi guy's..   I recently received an E-Tech that was disassembled but for the cam, crank, front cover, and flywheel housing.  All of the removed parts were in boxes.  Given the age of the engine and the fact that (12) #417 pushrods were in the box of parts, and the Cam p/n is GC5227C,  I was surprised to find ceramic lifters installed..  In all of my searching, both in my brain and on-line. I have not found any where that ceramic rollers were used with that cam and without spring loaded Exh. pushrods.. The cam is in great shape, and definately re-usable..  I plan to put steel lifters back in. 

My question is basically, have any of you seen this mixture of valve train parts before?  I think it was built wrong..   Thanks, Jojo

There are Engine Brake heads with the top oil feed update installed, in the parts box..

Edited by Joey Mack
More content needed

G'day Joey. Thinking one of your supervisors has spat the dummy over the lack of cookies and decided to mix up all your parts to teach you a lesson🤣🤣

Without knowing the back story as to why the engine was pulled down before it got to you, I'm thinking that the top and bottom end are from two different engines. Possibly one was damaged or unserviceable. Just a thought.

Anyways, the moral to the story is, your supervisors would like some more cookies. 🍻 Adam 

I just gave them cookies 15 minutes ago..  :) 

I hear what you are saying, but the Cam shaft part number and the pushrods are for steel rollers, and ceramics are in the engine,,  they were not in a box, I pulled the cam and found them..  Have you ever seen that combo ?  I have re-built about 30 E-7's and E-tech's, and never saw this combo.  as many as I have have done, plus cam replacements, I would never say I have seen it all.  So I come here to ask about it..  🍻 JOJO

5 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

I just gave them cookies 15 minutes ago..  :) 

I hear what you are saying, but the Cam shaft part number and the pushrods are for steel rollers, and ceramics are in the engine,,  they were not in a box, I pulled the cam and found them..  Have you ever seen that combo ?  I have re-built about 30 E-7's and E-tech's, and never saw this combo.  as many as I have have done, plus cam replacements, I would never say I have seen it all.  So I come here to ask about it..  🍻 JOJO

No engine brake?

Sorry, FJH... I left that out of my 'post'...  Yes, it has engine brakes, with the top oil feed update..  some one had to go into it to do the update..