What are the differences between a Big Cam 350 and a 400?

MadManD

I have been searching on internet for three days and have not found definitive answers, but saw an old post on this forum where someone managed to get some help identifying his engine, so any help I can get would be apreciated.

I have a cummins Big Cam III engine that has not run for a while and wanted to know if its a 350 or a 400. Tried to get the engineplate in Cummins Quickserve with the SN (11143410), but the search didn't throw any info about it, so would like to know if theres a specific part or part placement that can differentiate the engines with these hp ratings from one another.

The engine is on a 1984 K100, but I'm not 100% sure if it's the truck's original engine. I'm not sure if the turbo or the diesel pump are the originals to that specific engine either.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome MadManD..

I'm very surprised that Quickserve couldn't give you all the Info you need..

I've got My Cummins Engines registered there & have access to Parts Books & all sorts of Info....

There should be a little foil type tag on the Fuel Pump, It should give the CPL the pump is set.. 

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Luckily I had the pump dismounted or I could not have taken the photo.

It has a lot of stamped numbers all around, but I don't know why I can't upload any of the other images.

Will try again tomorrow with another phone. Also will try to get a half decent photo of the engine SN.

20230208_150815[1].jpg