1952 707b spark plugs

Angelo

My 1952 L85 750gpm pumper  has champion d21 plugs in it. Not sure if that’s correct and can’t seem to find that info. Anyone have a clue what the 707b was supposed to have in it or what do you run? Thanks

Edited by Angelo

I don't have a gas engine like you, just spent a lot of time working as a mechanic for different logging companies and that leads to working on equipment of all kinds I have always had trouble with champion spark plugs I would change them out for autolite or another good brand and an engine would run better and start easier but it's getting harder to find the big old spark plugs in a heat range that works best in your engine the smaller engines seem to like NGK better

Adapter kits can be found to adapt the old pipe thread plug holes to new smaller plug designs but those never looked right to me. If you can find some two piece plugs that aren't in that bad of shape those are what I'd go for. Ebay's got some just don't pay exorbitant prices for em. 

• Like 1

I was just sitting here thinking if not for working with a lot of old Briggs & Stratton engines it would’ve been 23 years since I’ve adjusted a set of points instead, I just worked with them last summer on a minibike.., amazing how time flies kind of scary… Bob