85 MH HVAC Control Replacement

Ryon Hess

Question

Restoring an 85 MH and it’s mechanically almost ready for the road. Except HVAC control panel is busted and parts are “obsolete” says Mack factory + there is nothing exactly like it available on the internet either. attached a photo of panel. It has kind of unique screw mount placement also. Wondering if there is maybe another control I could use instead? Something maybe even universal? Hvac replacement isnt my most knowledge area so any advice, info and shared knowledge would be greatly appreciated to this 35 year old O/O. I’ve ordered an MH electrical system manual to help out also 

DEB4DF3E-F273-415A-B03A-006148DE9705.jpeg

D2B2097B-13DC-4B2C-8A45-AD46B2DEEE43.jpeg

Edited by Ryon Hess
  • Like 1

15 answers to this question

12 hours ago, Mackpro said:

I’ll see if I can find the digital copy 

image.jpg

Not to derail here but if you have or have access to a newer iPhone they have a scan document function that makes real good digital copies of books and manuals. I've done a few with my phone that turned out great. Looks like a lifesaver of a book to have, hope you figure something out. Thanks

• Like 1
  • Like 1

On 1/13/2023 at 10:53 PM, BOBWhite said:

Not to derail here but if you have or have access to a newer iPhone they have a scan document function that makes real good digital copies of books and manuals. I've done a few with my phone that turned out great. Looks like a lifesaver of a book to have, hope you figure something out. Thanks

I did not know that about the IPhone ( I have one) Mack still has some information on the MH on their E-media website. I’ll se if I can post a link. Also if anyone needs a digital copy of this book message me your email and I’ll see if I can scan it for you .  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Mackpro said:

https://macktrucksdealer.vg-emedia.com/InformationListing.aspx?GroupId=536   Click on the underlined SB***** of the topic you want then click on Print/Save file to view the bulletin/info. I’m shocked Mack still has this on there . 

It didn't work for me. It wants me to have a dealer account. Is there anyway you can save the bulletin? 

• Like 1

On 1/16/2023 at 7:51 AM, Mackpro said:

I did not know that about the IPhone ( I have one) Mack still has some information on the MH on their E-media website. I’ll se if I can post a link. Also if anyone needs a digital copy of this book message me your email and I’ll see if I can scan it for you .  

Thanks for chiming in! Any info is helpful at this point 😀 this could be it right here, I’ll message you and see if we can transfer this stuff

On 1/13/2023 at 5:18 AM, MHfred said:

Those complete modules are available from Red Dot at Mack dealers here in VA. Tidewater Mack supposedlly has one. 

I tried Tidewater Mack and they said they don’t carry anything that old. Thanks for info anyways. You think another dealer in VA might have it?