Codes

I have a 2010 Mack CHU, and I just installed a new EGR Valve. I'm getting a fault code that keeps coming up; PID 411, FMI 7. 

My DTCs book is saying; "Mechanical system not responding or out of adjustment"  What in heck does that mean??  The sensor is brand new, I made sure there were no leaks when I installed everything...

It's also saying; "Faulty EGR differential pressure sensor connector"                     -"faulty EGR differential sensor"               -"EGR Valve, valve leak or clogged venturi"

Like I said, it's a brand new EGR. Could it be a turbo issue!?? Thanx. -Mike

Possibly a bad diff sensor, clogged cooler, or clogged venturi tube. If your valve was stuck open it pry put a lot of soot in the cooler or venturi tube. 

Edited by Onyx610
Spelling
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Mikey2Gun said:

I have a 2010 Mack CHU, and I just installed a new EGR Valve. I'm getting a fault code that keeps coming up; PID 411, FMI 7. 

My DTCs book is saying; "Mechanical system not responding or out of adjustment"  What in heck does that mean??  The sensor is brand new, I made sure there were no leaks when I installed everything...

It's also saying; "Faulty EGR differential pressure sensor connector"                     -"faulty EGR differential sensor"               -"EGR Valve, valve leak or clogged venturi"

Like I said, it's a brand new EGR. Could it be a turbo issue!?? Thanx. -Mike

Bro I am not a Guru at this stuff Observations  only ! However Yes  it can How ever  ! check the afor mentioned first before changing parts ! Clean the venturi tube and sensor If you haven't already ! if you got PTT do a egr valve test while the hose is off the egr cooler to confirm its operating and the cooler is not clogged! Turbos aren't cheap ! If the dif sensor cant sense flow the puter thinks it needs to open the EGR valve!  

• Like 1

You can clean the egr cooler too but it doesn’t always work either. However I like fjh test. I’m gonna say clean the sensor first then see what happens. If that doesn’t fix it then try the test fjh suggested. Check for wetness as well while your in there.