2013 Mack w/MP8 Engine Locked Up While Idling!!!

Missphd99

Hi! I’m new here but always come to this site for help! My husband has a 2013 Mack truck w/ an MP8 engine. They changed the oil in it and his son thought it had an air leak so he left it idling. All of a sudden he said that it made like 2 strange noises and died. It will now no longer start. I’m hoping to possibly find out what could have happened or what it’s gonna take to fix it. It’s the only truck we had running so we are totally screwed (excuse my language) until we fix it. We honestly don’t even know where to start and just praying it doesn’t end up costing 10 grand. I’m so stressed out about it and any help/advice y’all have to give is much appreciated!!! 😊😊😊

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/14/2022 at 6:53 AM, Joey Mack said:

Was the right amount of oil put back in?  I really don't know how this could happen after a normal oil change..  did they try to rotate the engine with a bar or barring tool? 

U know what? Those are really good questions and I feel like the guys should already know this but there’s lots of problems they have had with trucks that I’ve been able to get a fix for long before they were. And I’ve never even been behind the wheel of one! 😂 Im gonna ask them if they have even tried to turn it with a bar. My fiancés son was there but we were not. He said he suspected it had air leak so he had it idling. Then it made a couple really big noises and won’t start anymore. He also said it sounded like it was more on the top of the engine and not deep in  it. I’ve no idea how he would know that but??? We are now down to no log trucks running and I just pray it’s not anything ridiculous expensive. I’ve come to find out it’s always expensive!! Lol! But it gets knee deep real fast

• Like 1

On 11/14/2022 at 4:53 AM, Joey Mack said:

Was the right amount of oil put back in?  I really don't know how this could happen after a normal oil change..  did they try to rotate the engine with a bar or barring tool? 

If it still turns over it likley got air in the fuel! double check the oil level if its over fuel do not attempt to start! If oil level is good pump the primmer pump and try starting!