Fuel Tank

l have removed the old rectangular steel step tank from my 1960 B61T and want to install a round aluminum step tank that l bought from a friend complete with brackets, also from a B61. Now l have been told that to do this all new holes have to be drilled inthe frame. Has anyone done this that can verify this? thanks, Moose

Hi Moose

I removed the standard square tanks off a B61 and installed Round aluminum aprox 50gal.. the bracket holes on the round tanks DID NOT LINE UP up with the square braket holes. so YES new holes will need to be drilled, also the bracket location is slightly diffrent between the two style tanks, so I could not use any of the square tank holes for the round tanks.

hope this helps

Trent B)

l have removed the old rectangular steel step tank from my 1960 B61T and want to install a round aluminum step tank that l bought from a friend complete with brackets, also from a B61. Now l have been told that to do this all new holes have to be drilled inthe frame. Has anyone done this that can verify this? thanks, Moose

I would keep the square tanks before I drilled extra holes in my frame,but hey that's just me.

Joe