Mack RD 800 chassis detail pictures

Hello fellow Mack enthusiasts, 

I hope someone can help me out with this, I'm a scale model builder from the Netherlands and I'm in need of some detail pictures or drawing from the Mack RD 800 truck chassis. 

I'm building a scale model of this beautiful truck but I haven't got any clear detail pictures or info from the chassis. 

I have lots of pictures of the whole truck but no details, I need shots of the whole chassis, frontsprings, axle details frontbumper mount, fueltanks, etc. 

Thanks in advance 

Greetings Marco Wingelaar 

The Netherlands 

16344586782315076301499795405994.jpg

Edited by Marco Wingelaar
  • Like 1

I've  been checking ATIM , seems a number of items are out of stock. possibly the virus crap is having shortages in all areas. the DM 800 kit is the donor. that RD is looking great so far. didn't think they had 4 latches on each side. the fun part to scratch building is you do it the way you like. building the chassis you have so far with the DM800 running gear should nail it. R model cab /interior will fill in the cab end . the DM800 mixer in my profile was adapted to resemble the real one of days gone by. i've been model building since the '60-70's.

On 10/18/2021 at 6:58 PM, Jamaican Bulldog said:

That's awesome, What scale is that? I believe the DM 800 chassis used in the 1/25 scale AMT model truck kit  is very similar. American truck industrial Models in NJ U.S.A does a 1/25 resin RD800 kit and I believe the donor kit is the DM800. I have one but have not built it yet.

That AMT kit would be a great starting point.  I had the DM-600 as well at one time.

https://www.amazon.com/DM800-Tractor-MPC-Plastic-Model/dp/B07H73C5KJ/ref=asc_df_B07H73C5KJ/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309875687217&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5874640858019009337&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9009970&hvtargid=pla-561343858776&psc=1

image.png.d112462e5cca89a9f8eb1340c32c524e.png

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2021 at 12:58 AM, Jamaican Bulldog said:

That's awesome, What scale is that? I believe the DM 800 chassis used in the 1/25 scale AMT model truck kit  is very similar. American truck industrial Models in NJ U.S.A does a 1/25 resin RD800 kit and I believe the donor kit is the DM800. I have one but have not built it yet.

Hello sir , sorry for my late response I haven’t been able to answer you earlier 

This is the AITM Mack RD800 from Dave Natale, I have various Mack models from Dave.

I would like to built the RD 800 as an original not on an other chassis, I’d hoped someone in this forum could help me out with some detail pictures or chassis diagram.

all pictures or info will help.

greetings Marco

On 10/19/2021 at 3:01 AM, mechohaulic said:

I've  been checking ATIM , seems a number of items are out of stock. possibly the virus crap is having shortages in all areas. the DM 800 kit is the donor. that RD is looking great so far. didn't think they had 4 latches on each side. the fun part to scratch building is you do it the way you like. building the chassis you have so far with the DM800 running gear should nail it. R model cab /interior will fill in the cab end . the DM800 mixer in my profile was adapted to resemble the real one of days gone by. i've been model building since the '60-70's.

Hello sir, sorry for my late response , I haven’t been able to answer you earlier.

This is the AITM Mack RD800 from Dave Natale, I’ve now used the Mack DM 800 Rex mixer chassis but I’m not completely satisfied with it. I’d like to built the chassis as an original RD800 . I’d hoped someone on this forum could help me out with some detail pictures or info.

greetings Marco