2017 CHU613 check engine

br549

Light on, also ABS and ATC light on.  Has the stalk switch on below steering wheel but cannot get it to read any codes, older trucks with the stalk switch I could get codes, is there a trick on the newer trucks.  I can get to diagnostic but only let check dash, light.  

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, steeler said:

Nope. They took the diagnostics out other than to check the cluster. I guess they wanted to help the dealerships make money. 

The ABS/ATC code is more than likely also why the other light is on. 

Yup ! how ever this little issue mentioned here causes a lot of grief for the dealers as well, dam  nescience phone calls asking what's this code?  is it important ? Bla bla , ! There is no problem making money for the dealers with  New equipment of any sort! Mother Volvo IS all about the money and I guess they should be, got to impress the share holders! SELL THEM PARTS BOYS!

Edited by fjh
  • Like 1
  • Like 1

On 10/31/2021 at 9:56 AM, fjh said:

Yup ! how ever this little issue mentioned here causes a lot of grief for the dealers as well, dam  nescience phone calls asking what's this code?  is it important ? Bla bla , ! There is no problem making money for the dealers with  New equipment of any sort! Mother Volvo IS all about the money and I guess they should be, got to impress the share holders! SELL THEM PARTS BOYS!

You are right, I never considered that being why they took the codes of of the dash. I should have though, because I get those calls all the time.