1996 E7-400 turbo questions

Ak47

I have a 96” E7 400

Tec equipment says I have 631gc5140m2 for my turbo cross referenced it and it’s a S3b which is rated for a e7-350

wondering if there is a compressor size difference or if they just kept it all the same. Going to be doing stage 2 injectors and would like to get a clean burn. Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Going stage 2 injectors i would go with a S467 (67mm inducer) from YTS turbo. A few of the guys on here run one and are very happy with the response. We run a S475 1.32A/R with rochester stg2 injectors. I personally love it. It's a bit laggy below 1350-1400 but holy shit it pulls like a bear from there on up. Get the 300$ blixxton tuner if you don't yet have it. That will make the biggest improvement.

It pulls 42 psi boost from 1450-1700 with the s475

You can buy a Borg Warner s475 for 675-700

Edited by brettj3876

Ok so, I have 736gb343p7 injectors, was told by an injection shop they just change out the nozzle on the injector for 427 nozzles. Wondering if that would work without changing springs and internals of injector body. 

On 9/1/2021 at 2:53 PM, Ak47 said:

Ok so, I have 736gb343p7 injectors, was told by an injection shop they just change out the nozzle on the injector for 427 nozzles. Wondering if that would work without changing springs and internals of injector body. 

Don't even bother with 427 tips. Go to Rochester diesel or K&S fuel and get injectors. You really won't notice anything different with 427 tips. Get the blixxton and stg2 injectors from rochester (they only make stage 1 and 2 for vmac1 and 2). You can run the stock turbo with the blixxton and stg2 injectors for now if you don't want to do the turbo yet. Install a pyro if you don't have one yet. Don't lug it below 1450 or the pyro will heat up. 

Imo go with the Borg W S475 1.32 with the other 2 mods and it will pull like a raped ape. Don't lug it below 1400 and it will live a long life. It's better with a 13 but if you just have a 9sp or 10 keep it 1400-1850. Lugging it with more fuel over stock will kill the life expectancy. It will pull down to 1200 but don't do that. I personally grab a gear at 1450-1500 but that's with a 13