Stamulis Brockways

oldspwr

Oh yeah that’s cool I found that one years ago myself are used to have a ball riding on those rigs when I was a kid my uncle sold the business in 1970 but it was a lot of fun while it lasted I remember when I was about nine years old my dad asked me if I wanted to sweep out the trailer after they unloaded blueberries I was just about pissing myself …. Oh boy I get to work like the big guys ha ha real great memories … At the time my uncle had the best looking  Riggs on the road.. bob

• Like 1

I posted that tractor before but you probably didn’t know my uncle told me when that photo was taking that truck was brand spanking new and it wasn’t even registered the guy just got done lettering it He said he thought it was taken in 1957 … bob

• Like 1

also some of you might be interested in the company was originally started by my grandfather back around 1900 he started with a horse and wagon delivering bananas....i was talking to an oldtimer back when i was a kid in the 60,s that remembered my grandfather ...he said when he was a boy my grand pop used to deliver to (his) pops farm,,,i understand back in those days,,,folks used to use more of a horse trade system....and every body knew everybody....very interesting.. but by 1970 my uncle told me,the company was way too much work for the  money he was paying himself..sold it and went to work for beacon fast freight.in the shop as a foreman..brooklyn NY..he said life was alot easier and no pressure...bob