P226C MP8

Mack_Dog

I recently got code P226C(turbocharger boos slow response) on my mp8, ive checked the turbo, checked the couplers for leaks, checked the egr, even bypassed the DPF/exhaust to see if it was clogged, open MP8 sounds AMAZING btw! It started last night with a really loud whiney noise when under throttle then i hit a pothole and it went "back to normal" noise wise BUT i was really slow picking up speed.

I look at my boost gauge and it gets 1psi pedal to the floor! Ill be doing a boost pressure test tomorrow but id like to know if any of you have dealt with this before? According to Mack changing the turbocharger will not get rid of this code and it might be a software update needed?

My opinion ! Top of the list , you need to check for exhaust leaks turbo gasket exhaust gaskets (broken exhaust bolts  and boost leaks to start with , broken clamps bla bla. check the intake manifold at the front below the egr mixer tube for broken bolts and for a crack associated with a broken bolt front lower bolts have a tendency to break! After cooler split!? The egr cooler my be plugged this will cause the egr valve to open to much and result in little to no boost as the ecu is detecting low flow also the dp sensor on that circuit is susceptible to plugging  again low flow issue . bottom line lots of shit to look for. those are just a few .

just a few places of many  to look!

Edited by fjh

On 4/2/2021 at 1:48 PM, Mackpro said:

There are a couple of bulletins on this code. If a pre common rail MP8 engine , clear code and keep on trucking . If common rail engine then pressure test intake system , pay attention to charge air cooler/CAC for leaks . 

Good Call pro !  And pay attention to  the dollar store pex clamps that everybody are using on the the charge air these days They are garbage ! if in doubt replace them with real clamps you'll be glad you did! seen these fail on lots of units specially on the hot side of the turbo !

Edited by fjh