05 Mack 427

I recently purchased an 05 Mack ch613 with the 427. Runs great. Fuel economy towing my equipment seems a little low. Average of 5.3mpg. Has a check engine light for egr mass flow sensor. Assuming egr not acting properly is affecting fuel economy. Was wondering which direction yall are going about making that side of the engine a little lighter, if you catch my drift. 

Snapchat-701896677.jpg

Chances are you have a failed EGR cooler ! usually the mass flow and the cooler will be changed at the same time! is the unit using any coolant?if the cooler looks like it has been replaced and the mass flow wasn't changed the code will remain! Another thing to note these engines were not horribly fuel efficient to start with! A guy Could lighten the situation You would need to make  plate for beneath the egr valve an plug the coolant off to the cooler! Down sid is the malfunction light stays lit all the time and you won't know when important shit is going wrong!

Edited by fjh
  • Like 1