Anyone Been To The Haul Fame Museum Lately?

I visited the Haul Of Fame Museum in Canterbury C.T in 2001. It was great, not only was there very nice trucks inside but there were some interesting unrestored ones outside. Is it still there and is it still opened to the public? Some of the trucks were very rare or one of the kind. I remember seeing Mr Yaworski's End of the Line Superliner at shows but I have not been to many shows lately so I do not know if the collection is still around.

I visited the Haul Of Fame Museum in Canterbury C.T in 2001. It was great, not only was there very nice trucks inside but there were some interesting unrestored ones outside. Is it still there and is it still opened to the public? Some of the trucks were very rare or one of the kind. I remember seeing Mr Yaworski's End of the Line Superliner at shows but I have not been to many shows lately so I do not know if the collection is still around.

Hey dmmack76,

Have you seen the Discovery Channel's Mega Trucks DVD??? Dennis Yaworski is on that talking about the trucks his father had when he was younger - and it shows him driving a big International (model unkown... it had the horizontal exhaust straight up through the hood) at the end of his story! It also has a great feature on Mack as well!

Joe

Hey dmmack76,

Have you seen the Discovery Channel's Mega Trucks DVD??? Dennis Yaworski is on that talking about the trucks his father had when he was younger - and it shows him driving a big International (model unkown... it had the horizontal exhaust straight up through the hood) at the end of his story! It also has a great feature on Mack as well!

Joe

I visited the museum in 99 and had a great time. At the end of the day Dennis took me and my buddy to an old factory about 5 miles down the road. He turned on the lights and said when we were done to turn them off and lock the door. I would guess there was 5 acres under roof and it was full of unrestored trucks. We were there until after midnight. I have some pictures I will need to dig up. The place was heated too!!! Last I heard is that due to finicial hardships the trucks are mostly gone???

Well from what ive heard from other truck enthusiasts is that, most if not all of the trucks that were in the old factory are gone. Back when Yaworski was having financial problems, Gary Mahan bailed him out and Yaworski owe'd Gary something like 750K. Well so far Yaworski hasnt come up with the money yet, so within the past year, Gary has been taken some trucks from the factory back to NJ and others have been sold. As for the trucks in the Haul of Fame, im pretty sure most of those trucks are still there. Some of those aswell might have made the trip down to NJ aswell. As for the Big International prime mover that was featured in the discovery channel mega machines video, that truck was sold to George Tackeberry in Canada.