Modern granite years

I’m in the market to upgrade our twin stick R model to an automatic granite dump. My dad drives it most the time and as he’s aging I’d like to make daily life easier on him. Looking for a used granite with an Allison but have heard mixed things about these newer emissions trucks. Is there a certain year range that’s better than another? For example 2014+ has less issues than the 2013 and older? Thanks for any help I’m more of an equipment guy and don’t know much about these trucks. 

I can tell you that the newer trucks are nice and comfy, quiet and soft on the inside but they will take you to the bank every time the check engine light comes on and has to be dealership reset or has a emission related issue. Seams 80% of the problems with new macks (and every other truck mfg)are electrical or emissions related.

I cant give you all the specific years to avoid or what years were prone to what failures but I hear the same basic issues repeated here.  someone with detailed info should chime in shortly.

• Like 1

Best advice is if your after a reliable truck 2003 or less ! As Trent stated new ain't necessarily Best! Second best  thing to do if you are buying ANY Manufactures Unit these days is Buy New and get  the THE BEST warranty coverage they have ! Be aware that warranty doesn't cover down Time! And make sure the driveway to your favorite dealer is paved and close by!😅 Newer units have a permanent gravitational pull to the repair depot  kinda like a homing pigeon !👿

• Like 1