I believe I have a 1924 model. That is what I was told. I can’t find the pointer reference for the timing. I accessed threw the rectangular cover plate at the fire wall . Found number mark on the flywheel. I also think I should have the Jug head motor, but have the later style with removable heads. Should the pointer be somewhere around the top of the flywheel. I have another parts truck with the Jug head engine and the pointer is at the top of the flywheel. Does the later engine have the pointer elsewhere? Truck serial is 10313759

Thanks Don

The serial number of your truck indicates it is a five ton. Serial numbers 10,313,001 to 10,314.000 were built between October 1926 and April  1927.  This puts your truck being built in the June/July  1927 time period.  The removable head engines, also called high hat engines were introduced in 1928.  Your truck should have originally come with a jughead engine.  Hope this helps.  Steelman