Rome K/G Blades

Military called 'em "Rome Plows".  Some folks call 'em "Shear Blades".  We called 'em "Cutter Blades" (or "K/G Cutters" to differentiate them from "Vee Cutters").

I sure wish we'd had camera phones back then!

KG Series » Rome PlowKG Series » Rome PlowCat D8N Dozer with a KG Blade - YouTubeEquipmentFacts.com | ROME KG BLADE TO FIT D8H W/ C FRAME Online AuctionsFOR SALE: D7G KG BLADE also available... - T.W. Equipment LLC | FacebookViewing a thread - clearing treesKG Series » Rome Plow

Edited by doubleclutchinweasel

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

• 1 year later...

Always wondered what the "K/G" designation meant.  Nobody knew back then.  Even Rome Plow Company did not know recently.  But, they DID know the letters stood for the names of the inventors.  That gave me somewhere to start.

The "K" was for Kissner, and the "G" was for Green.  K/G = Kissner/Green.  Mr. Kissner's son and Mr. Green's daughter were married, if I am tracing their names correctly.

Mr. Kissner (the father), Mr. Kissner (the son), and Mr. Green (the in-law) held the early patents on the shear blade.  Apparently, the design was so successful that the Rome Plow Company bought the rights to it.

So, now I know...

• Like 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."