2006 CV713 AI-350 ASET low power

DrewJ2016

I have a 06 AI-350 with the Allison automatic that has low power. Flatbed, empty truck. It pulls okay on flat ground but falls on its face when going up hills. Have to hold it flat on the floor to maintain speed it seems like. Fuel filters have been changed, checked for codes using tech tool, only has brake ecu codes. Fuel pressure at idle is 62 psi, 68-72 psi under load. Put a boost gauge on, needle was erratic hit like 30lbs and broke my gauge. Boost seems to come up really slow. Haven’t had a chance to pressure the charge air cooler, but boots appear good and no visible or audible boost leaks. Not sure what parameters I could possibly change, torque limit, speed, etc. Compression test shows good, injector cut out test feels good, did the injector/ unit pump run up test good as well. Asking for any help please, thanks

7 hours ago, DrewJ2016 said:

I have a 06 AI-350 with the Allison automatic that has low power. Flatbed, empty truck. It pulls okay on flat ground but falls on its face when going up hills. Have to hold it flat on the floor to maintain speed it seems like. Fuel filters have been changed, checked for codes using tech tool, only has brake ecu codes. Fuel pressure at idle is 62 psi, 68-72 psi under load. Put a boost gauge on, needle was erratic hit like 30lbs and broke my gauge. Boost seems to come up really slow. Haven’t had a chance to pressure the charge air cooler, but boots appear good and no visible or audible boost leaks. Not sure what parameters I could possibly change, torque limit, speed, etc. Compression test shows good, injector cut out test feels good, did the injector/ unit pump run up test good as well. Asking for any help please, thanks

Mack had issues with that vintage of tier 3 engine. If you have all your vital signs then you need to take it step further to get it to perform. It's very fixable.... click on link.

12 hours ago, Mack Technician said:

Mack had issues with that vintage of tier 3 engine. If you have all your vital signs then you need to take it step further to get it to perform. It's very fixable.... click on link.

We did this to an 05’ 427 granite and now it’s a beast!

• Thanks 1