Has anyone put an aftermarket shift knob on a 12spd? I was thinking about putting a pair of blue glitter shift knobs on the RD and didn't know if it was possible or what the thread type/size was for both sticks. Any help will be greatly appreciated

Is this what you mean? This is our 10 spd same as the 12 spd lever and splitter. We had a solid piece of wood shaped to copy the gear knob in our Toyota Prado auto shift knob. We had a metal tube threaded to same as the gear lever, drilled hole into bottom of wood knob and set the metal tube with industrial glue into the hole.

P1011341.JPG

P1011342.JPG

• Like 1

On 6/1/2020 at 7:29 AM, harrybarbon said:

Is this what you mean? This is our 10 spd same as the 12 spd lever and splitter. We had a solid piece of wood shaped to copy the gear knob in our Toyota Prado auto shift knob. We had a metal tube threaded to same as the gear lever, drilled hole into bottom of wood knob and set the metal tube with industrial glue into the hole.

P1011341.JPG

P1011342.JPG

That's neat, that's what I meant. I've I've never seen any 12 speeds with custom shift knobs so I wasn't sure if it was possible.

14 hours ago, Brian L Blaylock said:

Yes I have put after market shift knobs on both sticks on my 12 speed 

Brian do you have any pictures of it? You wouldn't happen to know the thread size?

Erik I do have a couple of pictures on my phone but I never seem to be able to down load them on this site I have a longer style chrome knob on my deep reduction stick that screwed on direct my main stick has a after market Mack logo round knob that I bought off of eBay it had thread adapters with it and I used a short piece of all thread between the shifter and knob if you would like text me your number to 812-305-5132 and I’ll text you the picture that I have