'69 R611ST

When I bought my Mack I was told it was a 237 but now I'm wondering after reading some forum stories on here.. Any help would be appreciated. Is it a 237 ? I included pictures of the tags on the Fromm valve cover and numbers on the driver's side of the block.  The block is blue while I have a mixture of gold and green on other parts under the hood.   Another question for the experts while I'm at it, any clue what transmission I have ?  I've been told by some people that there is no such transmission, but I know there is because I have one.. I included a picture of the shifters. The chrome handle is a normal 5spd patern with reverse. The green handle has low, neutral and high. When in high only 4th and 5th are usable on the main stick. All other gears are locked out. I've been told I should only be able to use 5th in high range and it is overdrive. I've driven my truck enough that I know I can use 4th and 5th in high range. I wouldn't be surprised if 5th high is overdrive because my truck really gets up and goes in 5th high. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

That patent plate clearly says Maxidyne and it looks like an inline six with no intercooler, so must be a 237. The 2 stick transmission with reverse and a split or low range on the 2nd stick is common, I've heard of a version with a splitter that only worked on the top 2 gears of the main box and that must be what you have.

IIRC in the 6 cylinder Maxidynes with the exception of the rare Renault based engine, 237s had no intercooler and 285s had an engine mounted intercooler. When Mack went to chassis mounted intercoolers in the 80s all the Maxidynes got them from the lowest HP 250 on up.