707 Oil Filters

Hi All,

I have a '58 B95 Fire Engine with a 707 Thermodyne gas motor. I'm having no luck finding oil filters for this motor. (NAPA & Wix have discontinued them) Does anybody know a current source for filter for this motor?

Thanks,

Sully

Hi All,

I have a '58 B95 Fire Engine with a 707 Thermodyne gas motor.  I'm having no luck finding oil filters for this motor.  (NAPA & Wix have discontinued them)  Does anybody know a current source for filter for this motor?

Thanks,

Sully

i

hi sully. i have a 1947 LS85/ 707. i have the same problem. can't find filters. i may get a spin on filter kit from wix. then filters would be easiy to get. j.j.

and remember

"PREFORMANCE COUNTS"

i

hi sully. i have a 1947 LS85/ 707. i have the same problem. can't find filters. i may get a  spin on filter kit from wix. then filters would be easiy to get. j.j.

Thanks for the info, JJ. If I don't find any, I'll probably go the same route.

Sully

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi sully. if those filters won't work i just got my spin on kit from carquest. it looks like it will work fine and i'll always have a filter source. it's a kit that replaces earlier luber-finder. plan to install it this weekend. i'll send you part numbers later. j.j.

and remember

"PREFORMANCE COUNTS"

hi sully. if those filters won't work i just got my spin on kit from carquest. it looks like it will work fine and i'll always have a filter source. it's a kit that replaces earlier luber-finder. plan to install it this weekend. i'll send you part numbers later. j.j.

Thanks Dave. I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Sully

hi sully. didn't get a chance to put on my oil filter conversion but here are CARQUEST'S numbers. the filter housing is no. 89750. the filter is 85749.(both carquest) .on my 707A the old filter housing is on the drivers side and is held on by( 3 )1/2 inch bolts. once you take the old housing off there is a feed port and a return port in the block. both of these are tapped for fittings. your 707 is probably a B or a C being newer. it may be the same as my A. let me know how you make out. good luck. j.j. :bulldog1::thumb:

and remember

"PREFORMANCE COUNTS"

• 2 weeks later...
hey sully. that carquest spin on filter kit works  damn fine.i put on my 707. my filter searching is over. hope you found your filters for your 707. j.j.

JJ, how much of a project was it to adapt the carquest kit? I'll have to go back and check, but I believe mine is a 707C.

Sully

I have some NOS Mack filters.  They are part number 236GB123A.  6" dia, 7 1/2" long with a 1 5/8" hole.  Call me if they are something you can use.

Hi David,

I'll check the measurements on the filter. Those numbers sound close. If I don't end us using the spin-on kit, I'll give you a call.

Sully

JJ, how much of a project was it to adapt the carquest kit?  I'll have to go back and check, but I believe mine is a 707C.

Sully

sully. it was no big deal at all. when i took my old filter housing off i found that that the feed and return ports in the block were already tapped. the feed is 1/2 inch pipe thread and the return is 1/8 inch pipe thread. find a place to mount the spin on,get some lines made up and your in business. the spin on housing and filter are about a foot tall. that's what you'll need for room. it's a good size oil filter so it'll get the job done. any more questions feel free to ask. j.j. :thumb:

and remember

"PREFORMANCE COUNTS"