89 RW713 Power/Circuit Breaker Issue

Has anyone experienced this.

No previous issues I was out trucking parked on Friday.  Sunday afternoon I took heater cover off to fix air cylinder.  I reassembled everything fired up the truck and ran the fan for a minute or two going through all the positions and checking the vent discharge.  The defrosters wasn't that strong, it was blowing out the bottom so I shut the truck off looked in side the side vent and moved the selector and realized I need to turn key on so I did and I got was a clicking noise from the power shut down solenoid in the dash.  No power to the dash or lights etc...  I pull the center panel off and I am getting 12 volts but its still clicking I disconnect the hot side to the switch it shows 12v and I can start the truck but no power to dash, all lights seemed to work.  Hook the wire back up no key or power and it clicks.  So I pull the solenoid and test it tests good but I replace it Monday morning.  Still doing same thing.  So I decide that I must have a open hot I pull all fuses and start replacing them one by one after checking them for continuity, all installed nothing I pull the relays and check them the Emergency Stop Lamp relay has a broken pieces of plastic so I figure it may be grounded out to the aluminum fuse panel.  I pull it out of the mount and wrap in electrical tape.  I try it and everything works.

Run the truck most of today the power shut off to the dash like before, I turned key switch off and on again everything came back about 15 minutes later did it again would not reset so I brought the truck home and switched trucks to finish the day.

Ideas anyone?  I been thinking of it may be easier to just rewiring the interior as I already rewired the lights to rear and to the hood.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

On 10/2/2019 at 9:39 PM, carlotpilot said:

had some thing similar in an mh  marker lt circuit turned out to be the breaker its self . would over heat and not reset` no shorted lights just breaker gave up

Had that in my 92 RW I was driving in the early morning and it started raining then the headlights quit and I could smell hot plastic.  Pulled over and waited until daylight, ended up getting cancelled due the rain so I went to the Mack dealer and spent $20 something on a 15 amp breaker been good since.

I ordered some new breakers for it.  

I took the dash apart and found a couple hot wires just laying inside so I taped them up.  Found some barely bare wires on the r/h headlight so I redid them to make sure.  I think its something in the headlight circuit.  The headlights work on low but if you switch the to high it will kick the breaker or if they stay on the accessory circuit will kick off then the headlights.  I always fix bad wiring but without a good schematic its takes a while.  This truck has the split headlights ( they don't run off the bus bar) they run out the firewall on both sides up to the lights.  I am planning on rewiring the headlights and adding relays and doing away with the dual circuit setup that should eliminate and shorts or touching wires.  

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."