1945--50 Mack pumper for sale (to be scrapped soon)

waukesha

This is a circa 1945-50 Mack Type 85(?) pumper for sale.  It is in Bloomington, CA.  It is not mine, just trying to get the word out about it.  The seller wants $800 for it.  I do not know if it comes with a title.

Important: This truck can only stay on the land where it presently sits for a few more weeks.  After that it will most likely be scrapped.  

I know next to nothing about Mack fire apparatus, so the model number and year range are merely guesses. The radiator, front bumper, and a few other parts are missing. 

This a follow-up to my post from about two weeks ago concerning a two axle, day cab, G model cabover that was for sale--and also in danger of being scrapped.  Luckily, I think we have found a buyer for that truck (knock on wood). That G model and this pumper are from the estate of the late Bernie Long. 

I meant to put this up sooner, but it takes me forever to do anything.  I will do another post or two for the other remaining vehicles. I don't think there are any more Macks left besides this one and the possibly the G model.

Feel free to comment or PM me if you have any specific questions.

--waukesha

Thank you for the suggestion, bulldogboy.  I see there are a number of SPAAMFAA-related pages on Facebook.  If I can be added to the official SPAAMFAA page and/or the one for the CA chapter, I will be sure to post this on there. 

And I agree with you, Prowrench--this thing needs a little TLC to say the least.