V8 ENDT 866 fuel system leak down issue

This problem is a leak down of fuel when parked or not running. This truck usually starts right away.

The last time I used it I did have some issue that it turned over a few extra times when I turn it off.

So this is something I was expecting.

I have let it set several months and it will not start, so I am sure there is air in the fuel system.

I am sure that I could get it going with starting fluid but I would like to fix it. There must be a

"check valve" or something like that stuck open and it is allowing the fuel to drain back to the tank.

Yes it's an old truck 1976  but in great shape and I have owned it for most of its life. Hoping there is

a veteran Mack mechanic  that can help solve the problem.

There is drain back valve in the rear right side of the fuel pump block next thev governor houseing under the  shut down lever it’s real hard to remove it’s usually a hammer and punch show it’s round with screw driver slots on it Allen screw in the middle!it likely needs orings replaced have an oring kit handy!

Edited by fjh
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/4/2019 at 2:51 PM, fjh said:

There is drain back valve in the rear right side of the fuel pump block next thev governor houseing under the  shut down lever it’s real hard to remove it’s usually a hammer and punch show it’s round with screw driver slots on it Allen screw in the middle!it likely needs orings replaced have an oring kit handy!

Bump