Height leveling valve leaking air

Mackcxn613

Question

Hello, i have a 2007 mack cxn613 my leveling valve is leaking so I went to the dealership to buy a new one, only thing is its looks different than mine but he kept telling me thats what popped up with my year model and vin. Will it still work i have pictures of both parts old and new

60E799FF-B4CA-4F3E-889B-D723A95F7E5D.jpeg

0FEFAF4C-50F6-46F2-8DA1-34B0BD75A0D9.png

AFE88315-AA2F-4995-9CBE-1E86D4C48FB0.jpeg

6 answers to this question

You are on the right track. That valve has probably been changed in Mack's parts system, (superseded) to the valve you now have. However, you have found a replacement that will take less work to install so that is the way I would go.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

It would work but will take some adapting. I'd get a pressure washer after the area the existing valve is mounted into, remove the valve, and hit up a heavy truck parts store for an exact replacement without monkeying with it too much. That is just me however. You could mount the replacement you have and route the supply air, discharge air to the bags, and exhaust, then connect the rod that runs from the valve arm to the suspension and call it good too.

Hard to believe a dealer would supply a valve that differed that much from the original if original installation. Maybe the truck valve has been changed to aftermarket in the past?

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

9 minutes ago, Rob said:

It would work but will take some adapting. I'd get a pressure washer after the area the existing valve is mounted into, remove the valve, and hit up a heavy truck parts store for an exact replacement without monkeying with it too much. That is just me however. You could mount the replacement you have and route the supply air, discharge air to the bags, and exhaust, then connect the rod that runs from the valve arm to the suspension and call it good too.

Hard to believe a dealer would supply a valve that differed that much from the original if original installation. Maybe the truck valve has been changed to aftermarket in the past?

I was thinking the same thing but my valve on the truck says mack, I don’t know what’s going on my door says cxn613 my title says model 600 maby I should go back to the dealership and have them look up model 600, I found one on ebay but it says no dump this looks just like mine 

0C40DA1D-0713-4D53-AC27-1021D481C957.png

Got it

55 minutes ago, Mackcxn613 said:

I was thinking the same thing but my valve on the truck says mack, I don’t know what’s going on my door says cxn613 my title says model 600 maby I should go back to the dealership and have them look up model 600, I found one on ebay but it says no dump this looks just like mine 

0C40DA1D-0713-4D53-AC27-1021D481C957.png

Ordered it, thanka for the input 

4 minutes ago, Mackcxn613 said:

Got it

Ordered it, thanka for the input 

No worries. Glad to help. Be sure to post your results after the new install.