engine mixing oil and gas

The engine stop running on slow so I have to change the unit pumps. After changing I notice the engine will cut gas after a while when running on slow so I checked for oil gauge and I notice oil mixing with diesel. So I drained and I notice while I use the hand pump diesel drops through the oil drain tap. I changed the unit pumps kits. (The seal) but it won't stop.

16 hours ago, Nwosa Felix said:

The engine stop running on slow so I have to change the unit pumps. After changing I notice the engine will cut gas after a while when running on slow so I checked for oil gauge and I notice oil mixing with diesel. So I drained and I notice while I use the hand pump diesel drops through the oil drain tap. I changed the unit pumps kits. (The seal) but it won't stop.

I'd pull the fuel transfer pump and leave the lines attached to it. Pump it, free hanging, and observe the seal of the drive gear shaft isn't leaking into the engine. The three spots this engine can leak fuel into the oil is....

1. transfer pump input seal

2. Unit pump lower seal

3. gallery plug for the factory drilling. They drill two galleries through the entire length of the block. On each end of the drilling is a plug, so 4 plugs total. The plug hidden under the timing cover could potentially leak, but that is not usually the case. 

If you did a good job installing the EUP's, and new seals, that narrows it down considerably. Personally, since the pan is empty, and it's easy to do, pull the pan off, lay under it, and have your wife pump the primer while you watch the show from a strategic position. Then you'll know exactly what's going on. Good Luck!...let us know what you find.

Edited by Mack Technician
  • Like 1
  • Like 1