E9 won't start!

Hi, I have a 1990 Superliner with an E9 and a V pump. I tried to start the truck today and it won't fire. It's getting fuel to the pump from primary filter but will not send fuel to the secondary filter. I'm not sure if that is a check valve its going through or what it is. The truck usually starts really good even when its really cold. Any ideas out there would be appreciated. Thanks!

Introductions are in order being a virgin to BMT. Welcome

More info is needed.

But first if you have a primer on the fuel pump have you pumped until it starts to get a little harder to pump them try and start? Check the fuel lines for cracks or lose fittings that let air into the system. This will cause the prime to be lost. If it is the charge pump it usually come on slow and gets harder to start over time. Same with a bad secondary fuel filter. There are several post here about E9 fuel pump issues recently. Have you read any of them first? Sort of like the answer is here you just have to search and read before asking the same question

Edited by AZB755V8

Yesterday I pressurized the tank and got fuel through the primary filter and up to the top of the injector pump. If I'm understanding right is a transfer or lift pump? when I disconnected the other line going to the secondary filter I can't get fuel to go through that part that the two line are connected to.  I can't find any fuel leaks in any of the lines but will say they all look old and weathered. Apparently I don't have a primer pump or I'm just not finding it. My filters only have about 400 miles so I'm guessing they are ok.  It has been in the mid to low 20'S here  but the fuel was treated and doesn't look hazed over in the tanks. I was running fine the last time I drove it about a month ago with the same temperature.

Wow that’s really good info. So I tried disconnecting the discharge line on the transfer pump and was able to get fuel there when I cranked it over. Reconnected it and  was able to get fuel all the way back to the tank. Then I cracked an injector line on the pump, cranked it over with no fuel coming out of the injector line. It’s almost like the fuel shut off isn’t working. 

Well thanks for all the help Men! I do appreciate you taking the time to help.  I finally got it running. I think it’s time to get it in the shop and start replacing old fuel lines.  Thanks again! 

On 3/2/2019 at 12:40 AM, AZB755V8 said:

There are several post here about E9 fuel pump issues recently. Have you read any of them first? Sort of like the answer is here you just have to search and read before asking the same question

I have never been able to use the search function on this site with much success.... I get this message "Flood control... Please wait so many seconds"... and the results, if I ever get any, are not usually related. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.