Couple of unrelated questions

MOloghauler

My truck is a 1993 Rd688 with the E7 350. I’m trying to replace my oil temp gauge, but can’t find the sensor? I’ve looked all around the oil pan, and around the oil cooler and can’t find it. Anybody have any ideas? 2nd question: I have quite a bit of oil on the passenger side of the block, it starts about the bottom of the head and runs all the way down. I’m pretty sure it’s coming from around the exh manifold studs, but how do I go about stopping them from letting oil past? 

Many help is greatly appreciated! 

Sounds like you don’t have an oil sensor which would explain why the gauge is redundant and inop. 

Leaky studs are often a removal of exhaust manifold, removal of lower studs and replacement + thread sealant. The upside being lower studs will not be seized into the head(oily), the downside being your going to snap a couple of the upper studs which will be seized into the head(bone dry). 

1 hour ago, Mack Technician said:

Sounds like you don’t have an oil sensor which would explain why the gauge is redundant and inop

That’s what I was thinking but I checked with a volt meter and have power coming to the gauge from every wire (except the ground of course). Not sure if that means anything or not. Would it be possible to go ahead and wire in a sensor, and put a fitting in the oil pan at the next service?