Sign in to follow this  
41chevy

Santa stopped early in a Penski Truck.

2 hours ago, 1965 said:

Are you still looking for M/T valve covers?

Yes, the tall ones to clear my valve train. They are not the  103R-49B, 241-84, 241-85 or 241-87  Those are mostly what is around. Send me the part number from the ones. 241-171A is the old number for the extra tall ones.  Paul

Edited by 41chevy

7 hours ago, 41chevy said:

Yes, the tall ones to clear my valve train. They are not the  103R-49B, 241-84, 241-85 or 241-87  Those are mostly what is around. Send me the part number from the ones. 241-171A is the old number for the extra tall ones.  Paul

These are on a running engine that are probably the standard ones. He hasn’t decided if he’s going to keep them. I’ll look at them better & let you know

6 hours ago, 1965 said:

These are on a running engine that are probably the standard ones. He hasn’t decided if he’s going to keep them. I’ll look at them better & let you know

They need to be 6.13/16"  from the gasket flange to the inside top so  I would guess that out side should be 8" +/- . They need to clear a hi lift cam, roller rockers and a girdle.

The tall M/T copies Holly sells are too short.

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 41chevy said:

They need to be 6.13/16"  from the gasket flange to the inside top so  I would guess that out side should be 8" +/- . They need to clear a hi lift cam, roller rockers and a girdle.

The tall M/T copies Holly sells are too short.

Idk what I was thinking. Just saw the m/t & remember you wanting some. These are 3”. I know better 

50 minutes ago, 1965 said:

Idk what I was thinking. Just saw the m/t & remember you wanting some. These are 3”. I know better 

At least you tried!  If I have to I could probably make up spacers if I can't find a set.  The Nostalgia rules limit appearance items to be no later than 1977 so limited on options.

I remember the rules you were talking about. Back in the day did they have girdles or roller rockers? Guess they did because they made tall covers. You’ve schooled me on blowers back then. 

On 1/30/2019 at 5:57 PM, 1965 said:

I remember the rules you were talking about. Back in the day did they have girdles or roller rockers? Guess they did because they made tall covers. You’ve schooled me on blowers back then. 

The Girdles are a new thing, hence the extra tall valve covers. With the 1.7 roller rockers and the bridge to lock the adjustment and stop and "flex"

519818215_0704phr_16_zchevy_big_block_engine.jpg.18395ff1ab29807dfb2647403df9e4f8.jpg

We ran them back in the 90’s when we raced; just didn’t know know how long they’d been around. 

2 hours ago, 1965 said:

We ran them back in the 90’s when we raced; just didn’t know know how long they’d been around. 

Mid to late 1980's  Nostalgia Gas states if it fits under a period rocker cover you can run it. I may end up buying 2 sets of tall covers and slice one set low and one set high and tig them together to get what I need if all else fails.

Ran blowers since 1972 held a record at NY National,  lean popped one off the tower @ 79 feet running an Alcohol funnycar. Got the distance award with that act.

Ran a 4/71 on a 400 SBC on the street in 1976 in the same '55 I'm doing over now. King of the street racers then.

Edited by 41chevy