Are they making trucks these days?If not when were the last built?Just curious,i think it's sad to old names dissapear! :mellow:

I don't know to much about Reo's but they were around till the early 80's. I knew a guy in Jewitt City,Ct. that had a few Giants (big and ugly I thought). The older stuff was neat. Tim

Diamond Reos were built in the 80's and 90's by a private firm.  There was an auction about two years ago in central Pa. of the remaining assets.  I think the name was part of the sale.

I found a old Reo at an elderly gentelmans yard in the trees. It has a 903 cummining V-8 with a 15 speed and an aluminum frame and is a 10 wheeler. I bet that the old girl useded to really pull. Tim :thumb:

Osterlund of Harrisburg/Carlisle was a DR dealer and bought the rights after the old DR went bankrupt. They started building trucks in Harrisburg around '77. They fell on pretty hard times by the early 90's - I don't know exactly when they built their last truck.

We owned several C-11664DB concrete trucks, and they were well built. I'd put them on a par with our DM's for toughness and reliability, and that's coming from a Mack man! We test drove several models over the years, including ones with the Deutz air-cooled engine. All trucks were the C-116 conventional with limited options, and later they added the C-120 with a more aerodynamic hood. Not sure what model number the Deutz's were.

The best trucks came out of PA: Mack, Autocar, Diamond Reo! (in that order...)

The Diamond Reo name was sold at the sale, Furnley Equipment in Duncannon owns it now. Diamond Reo built their last truck in 1997(I believe) at the old factory along route 322 between Harrisburg and Hershey. The Giant nameplate was used when there were controversies regarding the Diamond Reo name. This was in the mid to late '80's and early '90's. In 1988 I toured their new factory off of Paxton street in Harrisburg. I think Pennsyvania helped get them going in the new facility at the time. That didn't last long.

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

Osterlund of Harrisburg/Carlisle was a DR dealer and bought the rights after the old DR went bankrupt.  They started building trucks in Harrisburg around '77.  They fell on pretty hard times by the early 90's - I don't know exactly when they built their last truck.

We owned several C-11664DB concrete trucks, and they were well built.  I'd put them on a par with our DM's for toughness and reliability, and that's coming from a Mack man!  We test drove several models over the years, including ones with the Deutz air-cooled engine.  All trucks were the C-116 conventional with limited options, and later they added the C-120 with a more aerodynamic hood.  Not sure what model number the Deutz's were.

The best trucks came out of PA: Mack, Autocar, Diamond Reo! (in that order...)

Autocar's DK series was a great truck, Long steel hood and flat top fenders like the old White Constructors too, Tim :thumb: