Mack CH, CHN, CHU LED HEADLIGHTS CUSTOM!!

Alright guys. I’ve been wanting to upgrade the headlights on my CHN truck but like a lot of us, we find zero aftermarket support in the lighting department for these trucks. I went another way to get what I wanted.   So I bought new OEM Mack headlight housings, then I bought two 6x9 genssi led headlights and got to work.   Everything I needed was bought off eBay.  OEM housings, LED lamps, and a total of 16 ounces of clear epoxy resin, and the glue is Gorilla heavy duty construction adhesive from Home Depot.   I used five fasteners on each headlight to secure the lamp inside and also to help hold the original lens to the housing.   Here are some pics lit up with a weak drill battery for y’all to see. Also a step by step.  Let me know what y’all think! I don’t think anybody has ever done this before! 

C96F7F9D-F2FB-4AE7-A7B1-48FAEE1D4207.jpeg

Once I had the LED unit inside and sealed in the housing, I had to find a way to make the original Mack lens less “fuzzy”.   This type of lens is a diffuser type, and I wanted it to be clear instead, like on modern cars with clear lights. Not only would it look better, but it would allow the LED arrays to work better as well. I drilled six very small holes, only enough for a 16ga needle to go through to inject the clear resin.  The resins job was to fill the void between the mack diffuser lens and the lens on the LED unit, thus creating the clear lens effect.  

600C26A8-ACAE-4362-89C0-12D73064A9F3.png

75380652-330F-40E1-B348-B3E58CE9BE22.png

A7201BF7-C0A2-4DB5-92A9-A11365C2190B.png

Now to see the results of the finished product!! Here you go guys! Let me know what you think!  The optics, light aim, and output are second to none.   These things look like a Mercedes lighting up the road.  And they look very nice! You can’t even tell it’s a mack housing.   I can get some night pictures if anyone is interested in seeing them.  

8AB9D89B-B88D-433A-9BD5-B8640309D5B2.png

D0DCC8F4-1C0A-4D26-885E-F7AF521A64B3.png

I got the part numbers for the 2019 pinnacles but that’s all I ever got, although I love the new pinnacle headlights, I just couldn’t justify spending the $1200 my mack dealer wanted for the set.    Maybe later down the road I’ll impulse buy a pair and share some pictures with you guys, but all in all, I only have about $120 and a little bit of my time into these headlights I made.  

• Like 1
  • Like 1

On 9/24/2018 at 9:34 AM, 96bulldogpower said:

I got the part numbers for the 2019 pinnacles but that’s all I ever got, although I love the new pinnacle headlights, I just couldn’t justify spending the $1200 my mack dealer wanted for the set.    Maybe later down the road I’ll impulse buy a pair and share some pictures with you guys, but all in all, I only have about $120 and a little bit of my time into these headlights I made.  

If you don't mind what part number did you come up with for the headlamp assembly on the new pinnacle?   My dealer doesn't have a full assembly part number, only individual pieces. I'm curious if they will fit in the CH/CL hood.

• 2 years later...

Hi All,

First post.

I have a 2001 CH Fleetliner and looking for headlights I came across all the other Trucks in World that have the 11 x 7 inch that is in the CH.

It is in Many MANS, IVECO etc.  Hella have a large list of part numbers they gave this headlight.

I cant post a link, but some serious searching will come up with the goods.

HELLA 1027 is the part # in Aus.

Europe has this HELLA 1LG003434187

The UK one will come up with the other part numbers.

Regards,

Neil.

• Like 1