Clutch fan issues

mackey58

Hey folks. We have an 05 granite ai 400 the other day the temp gauge climbed  to 210 and no clutch fan came on didn't hear or feel it kick in I babied it in and I could spin the clutch fuse is good could it be that air/ electric  fitting on the firewall or us the clutch shot heard it kick on earlier  that day but it didn't come on load like normal 

Depends what type of fan drive you have. I would say you probably have a Horton that locks the fan when there is no air to it. If I have one that isn't kicking in properly for me the easiest way to test the fan itself is to remove the air line that goes to the fan drive. That will lock it in and you shouldn't be able to spin the fan.

If it's a fan drive that locks on with air pressure to it, then I take the air line off and shoot air to the fan manually and see if it locks.

I would suspect the fan drive is probably the culprit.

Wasn't that bad of job to change  it new fan clutch new fan new belts they were getting iffy worst part was ordering the parts from m and k summit il had one shipped it to joliet il they couldn't fine it then there computers went down and couldn't sell it till they were up  w t f and we have an account there