DM861sx serial 1001 only one built cummins 903 v-8

scoofa

1971 DM861sx serial number 1001 only one built has Cummins 903 v-8 original motor. Have not tried to start it as theives have stolen the batteries and cables where the truck is now. Will be bringing it to our shop in Kansas City this week and will post pictures. Was fully functional when parked and I beleive this statement as the truck has six new bridgestone 12.00 24 tires on the rear and good michelins on the front. Has a winch but not the original This owner has had the truck since 1974.Email any questions or offers. Thanks

IMG_0965.jpg

IMG_0961.JPG

Edited by scoofa
added photos
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, scoofa said:

1971 DM861sx serial number 1001 only one built has Cummins 903 v-8 original motor. Have not tried to start it as theives have stolen the batteries and cables where the truck is now. Will be bringing it to our shop in Kansas City this week and will post pictures. Was fully functional when parked and I beleive this statement as the truck has six new bridgestone 12.00 24 tires on the rear and good michelins on the front. Has a winch but not the original This owner has had the truck since 1974.Email any questions or offers. Thanks

If there is only one with that engine that was built, should be in somebodys museum.   terry

Contacted Gary Mahan have heard nothing back. Was looking for someone with more time than me right now to restore this great historic piece. Its really solid ,typical rust on the drip edge though. Will have my wife post pictures as I'm not great with the computer.