1993 DM630S Dayton to Hub Piloted on front

Hey everyone. New to the group and sure am thankful for the abundance of info on here!

So, I've read the pros and cons of the swap, daytons to hub piloted, and I am hell bent on changing the front hubs of my ol gal to hub piloted. I have found hubs here and there, but I am at a loss as to what hubs will fit my axle & spindles, and if the current brake setup will work. It's a mack 18k front, I see casting numbers but not sure what numbers/letters tell the type of axle this is..  . all factory original.  So, can someone please help an ol dude out? I know there has got to be a way to cross reference what hub/drum will fit...

many thanks!

Contact the parts dept. at your Mack brand dealer with your model and serial number, and have them submit a changeover request to Mack’s specifications dept. They will receive information allowing them to correctly order the parts required for you (the parts the truck would have had it been ordered/built that way.

Contact the parts dept. at your Mack brand dealer with your model and serial number, and have them submit a changeover request to Mack’s specifications dept. They will receive information allowing them to correctly order the parts required for you (the parts the truck would have had it been ordered/built that way.
Thanks! I was just hoping to go with used parts, but at least this route will give me the exact Mack parts needed.
Much appreciated.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, jeremy.thames said:

Thanks! I was just hoping to go with used parts, but at least this route will give me the exact Mack parts needed.
Much appreciated.

A Mack truck was a "custom built" truck. They were not all the same.....there were many, many variations. The only way to get the "correct" parts, i.e. the parts the truck would have been built with if spec'd with discs, is to have a changeover request submitted. Any other route is a guessing game.

• Like 1