Hi I’m new to Mack trucks. Recently acquired one that was my wife’s grandpas that he used to haul a dozer. Just wanting to learn what I can. 

There is plenty of knowledge here.  Tell us a bit more about the Mack and provide some pictures if you can.  We also have members here who can decipher your VIN if you want to provide that as well.  If you acquired it from the original owner then you may know plenty about it but if he bought it used then various changes probably have occurred to it over the years that may not be known and pictures will help.

I will try to get some better pics. It’s a f785st which from the little research I’ve done has the 675 engine with 237 HP. They added the bed and ramps to pull the dozer onto the truck. 

Yes, that is correct as built. That setup was common in the 1970's to haul lightweight finish dozers to jobsites. Lot of landscapers used the setup but DOT enforcement pretty much put a stop to the practice along with license plate fees. It became cheaper to run a pickup truck and pull a trailer.