mp7 scr codes

OJ Avery

I have a 13 Granite with 10 emissions. active code spn 5246 after treatment scr operator inducement severity, fmi 0 data valid but above operating range. the ptt yesterday sent the tech to the scr test module, doser passed all 3 tests. then it said computer needs reprogramming. went to the dealer this morning, reprogrammed, no change at all except now it has the same code with a fmi 16, and that code is pending. every time we try to run the diagnostics it runs us to the scr test module where we find no problems. what are we missing here?? thanks

regen took care of it?? cleared code, drove, all good Why?? I also had another mp7 come in with same code yesterday, immediately took it outside and did regen, code gone?? I don't understand why this is happening, anyone have an explanation??

On 3/13/2018 at 3:43 AM, OJ Avery said:

regen took care of it?? cleared code, drove, all good Why?? I also had another mp7 come in with same code yesterday, immediately took it outside and did regen, code gone?? I don't understand why this is happening, anyone have an explanation??

Some answers to your questions and some things to look for!

We did one of these last week it turned out to be the usual crack in the flex pipe (EXHAUST LEAKS) PRE dpf  (in part)  And Two Cracks in the ASH can  one at the DEF doser  and  one at the flange leaving the ash can!  All contributing to lack of heat!  The One thing guided D  doesn't tell  you ( and should)  is to check for exhaust leaks or cracks in the DPF BEFORE you run guided D You tend to waste alot of time looking at the screen and doing stupid tests  when you should be looking for a physical issue!  We sometimes tend to forget the simple shit and rely too heavy on the tecky stuff! :rolleyes: But if you are getting oddball  nox   efficiency  codes  and doser issues  bla bla bla  good idea to check further up stream for a physical  problem first! before proceeding with the tests !

Edited by fjh
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mackpro said:

We see lots of cracks in the lower DPF housing right above the DEF doser.  We mig weld a bead over the crack and so far have not had any come back yet. Yea Tech Tool never talks about that kinda stuff. 

Yup In the case above we pushed the unit into a regen FIRST and that's  when the leaks show up the best the cracks open up and it all becomes apparent!

• Like 1

I just ran PTT in simulator mode with your VIN and code entered. You right, after the DEF pump pressure test it kinda leaves you hanging. There are no bulletins on this exact code.  Did the dealer also  update the ACM and cluster software. We always do all 3. 

Id try a crystal sub regen and clear codes and let them try it for a day. The newer truck have a NOX conversion test that you can do and see if  the NOX levels are in spec.  Usually issues will show back up in 45 min of drive time if you want to take a long test drive. Always remember to plug PTT  back up , hit refresh in the fault code screen, and check for any codes that came back. Dont go by what it says in the dash display.  Lots of times if the outlet NOX sensor is giving a high reading , it wants you to do a parked regen because it knows what the NOX levels should read during a parked regen.  In your case parked regen request has nothing to do with high soot ratio. 

• Like 1